DETAILED HISTOLOGY OF PRIMARY (EXTRAPULMONARY) BRONCHUS
Histology of this is similar to that of trachea except for following differences .
A. Respiratory epithelium is less tall
B. Goblet cells are fewer in number
C. Lamina propria is more dense with large amount of elastic fibers
D. Trachealis muscle spreads out as a discontinuous layer of smooth muscle, which becomes progressively weaker downwards to surround the lumina of bronchi.
E. Submucosa has fewer seromucous glands
F. Cartilages are arranged in flattened Interconnected plates rather C-shaped rings.
- dense regular connective tissue (tendon)histology ...
- transitional epithelium histology slide
- tonsil histology slide
- thymus histology slide
- tendon histology slide
- stratified squamous non keratinized epithelium his...
- spongy bone histology slide
- spleen histology slide
- spinal cord histology slide
- Skin stratified squamous keratinized epithelium hi...
- skeletal muscle histology slide
- simple squamous epithelium lung histology slide
- simple cuboidal epithelium histology slide
- simple columnar epithelium histology slide
- serous acini histology slide