Portal Area/trlad/canal: It is present at the periphery of hepatic lobule. Each portal area comprises of branches of portal vein, hepatic artery, bile duct and lymphatic vessels lying in small amount of connective tissue. Around the periphery of hepatic lobules can be seen several portal canals within the interlobular septa.
Hepatic lobule is the structural unit of liver while the functional unit is portal lobule. The recent studies have suggested another functional unit of liver, the hepatic acinus.
Portal Lobule: Portal area or portal canaJ is present at the center of portal lobule. Portal lobule consists of liver tissue draining bile into the bile duct of that portal area. Such a unit is triangular in cross section, containing part of three adjacent classic hepatic lobules and has central vein at each of three corners. This represents the area of drainage for radical of a bile duct present in the portal canal.
- Detailed histology of stomach
- SEARCH THIS WEBSITE
- INDEX OF FORENSIC MEDICINE PICTURES
- wool fiber- might be found as an artefact in foren...
- turpentine oil - forensic toxicology
- sperms - semen on slide -
- poppy capsule -forensic toxicology- click to enlar...
- OLEANDER - forensic toxicology
- nux vomica seeds- forensic toxicology
- not full term baby - not viable, no talus centre ...