Histology Of a Nephron:
Each kidney contains approximately 1-4 million nephrons.
There are two types of nephrons;
The cortical nephrons have short Henles loop while
Juxta- medullary nephrons have long loop of Henle.
Each nephron begins as a double-walled, cup-shaped dilatation known as Bowman's capsule.
A tuft of 50 capillaries called glomerulus occupies the concavity of Bowman's capsule.
The Bowman's capsule and glomerulus are collectively known as Malphlglan corpuscle (renal corpuscle).
Each corpuscle (200 nm in diameter) consists of Bowman's capsule, glomerulus of capillaries, afferent and efferent arterioles and mesanglal cells.
From the Bowman's capsule's basal region, the proximal convoluted tubule (PCT) arises which continues downward into loop of Henle (LOH).
This loop ascends up to continue into distal convoluted tubule (DCT), which joins the collecting tubules. The renal corpuscles, proximal and distal convoluted tubules lie in the cortex of kidney while loops of Henle lie in the medullary rays.
- Skin stratified squamous keratinized epithelium hi...
- skeletal muscle histology slide
- simple squamous epithelium lung histology slide
- simple cuboidal epithelium histology slide
- simple columnar epithelium histology slide
- serous acini histology slide
- pseudostratified columnar epithelium (epididymus) ...
- Trachea-Pseudostratified columnar ciliated epithel...
- peripheral nerve histology slide
- muscular artery histology slide
- mucous acini(mucous acinus) histology slide
- lymph node histology slide
- hyaline cartilage histology slide
- fibro-cartilage histology slide
- elastic cartilage histology slide